Gothic House

Between 1988 and 1990 the Veneto Archaeological Department conducted large-scale excavations around the building known as “Casa Gotica” or Gothic House. Through these it has been possible to document the uninterrupted habitation of Asolo from the late bronze age – early iron age (X-IX century B.C.) down through the medieval period to the modern age. […]

Duse House

If you walk along via Canova, when you get to the Santa Caterina gate which closes off the long view of the road you find Casa Duse. This mansion, in the sixteenth century already residence of Francesco Nursio Timideo da Verona, personal secretary of Queen Cornaro, is situated on the medieval walled perimeter. It was […]

Hanseatic Houses

The two curious constructions (Casa de Maria and Casa Pusinich) are clearly architectural “loans” from Nordic European culture that, with a considerable film-set like effect, make these little buildings real cameos in the context in which they are situated. The two small villas were constructed in the years 1914-15 by painter Mario de Maria, better […]

S. Caterina Church

Its construction is linked to the birth and development of the Battuti Brotherhood whose presence dates back to the early 1300s. The foundation of the hospital situated alongside the church also dates back to the brotherhood. The building has a smooth hut-like façade with central oculus with a single room. The interior was decorated between […]

S. Anna and E. Duse and F. Stark tomb

The Monastery of the Capucine monks with annexed church was built with the permission of Sixtus V in 1587 and survived until 1769. After becoming municipal property it was fitted out as a lazzarette, barracks and home for the needy. The belvedere of the monastery became a burial place after the Napoleonic Saint Cloud edict […]

San Gottardo Church

The presence of a Friars Minor Conventual monastery is documented in a land sale contract dated 1254; the church was dedicated to San Michele Archangel, then known as Sant’Angelo. It is known by the name San Gottardo because, in the first half of the fifteenth century, an altar and a brotherhood of flagellants dedicated to […]

Malipiero House

Standing on the Foresto Vecchio near the Church of San Gottardo is the house where composer Gianfrancesco Malipiero (Venice 1882-Asolo 1973) lived for nearly fifty years. It is characterised by small rooms furnished with severe furniture made of dark wood. Striking are the collections of butterflies and insects as well as the antiques the composer […]


The complex is situated in Pagnano, at the foot of the Asolan Hills, and consists of a forge, a service building behind and a dwelling. The date of “1468” and the sign with an anvil were found in the oldest part next to a Gothic window.The forge used from medieval times up to 1979 for […]

Villa Contarini known as the Armenians

t is situated to the west of the town centre at the summit of the Messano hill.It is one of the most famous monuments in the Asolo area and consists of two distinct but intimately connected bodies: the so-called “Fresco”, consisting of a spectacular façade pointing northwards and clearly seen from the S. Caterina district, […]

Lombard House

At the western end of via Santa Caterina, stands a house with unusual architectural form and a finely sculpted façade. It is the house of architect and sculptor Francesco Graziolo, who came to Asolo during the reign of Queen Cornaro, as her personal architect, and died here in 1536. It takes the name Longobarda because, […]

S.S. Pietro e Paolo Convent

The Benedictine monastery complex found against the city wall at the foot of the hill the fortress stands on, was occupied by monks from 1634 to 1807. After that, it was converted into a boarding school and became the headquarters of the city schools, which it continued to be until the new scholastic building was […]

Scotti-Pasini Villa

From the slopes of Mount Ricco, the Villa dominates the area of the squares in the town centre.The first villa layout seems to date back to the seventeenth century, while various extensions and rights of way were made in subsequent centuries. The first nucleus of the villa was built when small buildings were grouped during […]

Freya Villa

Near the Castelfranco gate stands the house and grounds that belonged to Freya Stark, the great English writer and traveller (Paris 1893 – Asolo 1993) who chose Asolo as a home for recouping her energies after her tiring journeys of exploration in the Middle East. Set into the front door is a ceramic tile in […]

La Bot” Roman Aqueduct

The aqueduct, the function of which is linked to the Roman baths ensuring them a water supply, stretched for some 600-700 meters from the water inlet at the “Tintina” spring (on the Northern slope of Mount Ricco) down as far as the town square where the baths were situated. From the source to around the […]

Beltramini Mansion

The mansion known as Beltramini, the name of a family who arrived in Asolo from Lombardy in the second half of the fifteenth century and soon became one of the most famous in the city, took on a new architectural appearance during the eighteenth century. In fact, in this period the mansion in piazza D’Annunzio […]

Duse Theatre

The new theatre had three orders of boxes and was embellished with figurative reliefs by the Aster brothers and paintings by De Marchi. In 1930 the theatre was knocked down and the wooden profile dismantled and sold to antique dealer Loewi in Venice who resold it to the State of Florida in 1949. Today it […]

Reason Palace

The mansion, an integral part of the building occupied by the Town Museum was built during the fifteenth century. The eastwards-facing façade, looking onto the square is decorated with a fresco painted in 1588 the subject of which is the “The defeat of Crassus against the Parthians” while the northwards-facing section has a frieze resplendent […]


Der Brunnen, der sich, ganz ideal gelegen, im Zentrum der Stadt, auf dem gleichnamigen Platz befindet, ist ein wichtiger und greifbarer Beweis für die Lösung jahrhundertelanger, immer wiederkehrender Probleme, die die Bewohner von Asolo auf der Suche nach einer Wasserversorgung durchlebten, eine Tatsache, die den Brunnen unlösbar mit der Geschichte der Stadt Asolo verbindet. Seit […]


The first documented mention of the complex dates back to 969 when the ecclesia in honore Beatae Virgins Mariae constructa is mentioned.In 1584, according to the description of a pastoral visit, the church must have assumed the structure that can still be seen. In 1606 following the collapse of the roof, the apse and the […]

Little Fountain Zen

The small cistern for the collection of water situated at the southern entrance to the city, near the Castelfranco gate, was built by the Zen family in 1571 following an agreement between them and the Town Council. The family had in fact asked the town council to bring water from the collection point in the […]

Scroll to top

On this website we use first or third-party tools that store small files (cookie) on your device. Cookies are normally used to allow the site to run properly (technical cookies), to generate navigation usage reports (statistics cookies) and to suitable advertise our services/products (profiling cookies). We can directly use technical cookies, but you have the right to choose whether or not to enable statistical and profiling cookies. Enabling these cookies, you help us to offer you a better experience.