The town of Possagno is indissolubly linked to the famous sculptor Antonio Canova, born here in 1757. The imposing neoclassical Temple designed by the celebrated artist and that he wanted to donate to the town stands overlooking the view of the hills around Possagno. The immediate view of the Canovian Temple surprises the visitor. Like the Pantheon, it consists of two main elements: a large rotunda with a dome open to the sky, symbol of the cave that represents the world in its entirety and, surrounded by a double-columned arcade that, on the other hand, represents the sacred wood, the forest of columns. All the elements can be traced back to classical Greek and Roman philosophy that links heaven and earth in a solid unity. The temple, with the artist’s tomb, houses some of his works: the marble self-portrait, the Metope and the Altarpiece dedicated to the Deposition. A wide drive connects the Temple to the Gypsotheque, in part designed by Carlo Scarpa, and to the house of the great sculptor. The Gypsotheque collects the works damaged by actions in the First World War as well as plaster casts, terracotta works, marble works and drawings in the artist’s Roman study.